We create the software which makes that possible
Millions of People
There are 285 million blind & vision impaired people in the world. They all have amazing gifts to contribute to society, but they need the right tools to realise their dreams.
Technology Is The Key
Technology opens up so many doors. But for those of us without sight, computers don’t work straight out of the box. Software called a “screen reader” is needed to translate visual information verbally, so we can make sense of what is on screen.
Unfortunately many screen readers cost thousands of dollars — often more than the computer itself. This holds millions of people back from affording to use a computer and discovering their potential.
A Free Solution
We have spent over 15 years developing the global solution: a free, high quality screen reader, accessible to all! NVDA: Non-Visual Desktop Access. We have already enabled 200,000+ people to gain freedom, education and employment!
Hi, We’re Mick & Jamie
- Access to technology no matter your language, location or financial situation
- Quality over growth, access over profit
- Software by the blind, for the blind
- Ensuring innovation + preventing stagnation through competition
- Uncompromising Quality Software
- Serving minorities, not just the majority consumer
We’re trusted and supported by
What our USERS SAY
“I am so thankful for the creation of NVDA. It has really changed my life. With NVDA, I do not have to worry about spending tons of extra money on third party software to use a computer. I can purchase any new computer that I want, and I can use it for the same cost as a sighted person.”
– Reina Brown, United States