NVDA, the free screen reader for Windows. NVDA allows blind and vision impaired people to access and interact with the Windows operating system and many third party applications.
Major highlights include:
- Support for popular applications including web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, email clients, internet chat software, music players, and office programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Built-in speech synthesizer supporting over 50 languages, plus support for many other 3rd party voices
- Reporting of textual formatting where available such as font name and size, style and spelling errors
- Automatic announcement of text under the mouse and optional audible indication of the mouse position
- Support for many refreshable braille displays, including input of Braille via braille displays that have a braille keyboard
- Ability to run entirely from a USB flash drive or other portable media without the need for installation
- Easy to use talking installer
- Translated into more than 50 languages
- Support for modern Windows Operating Systems including both 32 and 64 bit variants
- Ability to run on Windows logon and other secure screens
- Announcing controls and text while interacting with gestures on touch screens
This direct download for NVDA is provided as part of a bundle. The download itself is identical to that available to anyone from: The NVDA Download page.