User level Support for NVDA Available from eyRead World-Wide
NV Access is pleased to announce its relationship with eyRead, a global online training and support service for NVDA. eyRead offers remote training and support to users world-wide at very affordable rates.
Working remotely via Skype and Teamviewer, eyRead support staff can assist you with the download, installation and configuration of NVDA, as well as helping you to solve usage issues to ensure you get the most out of NVDA and other related products.
eyRead is run entirely by persons with disabilities. It’s great that a technician in a wheelchair from his home in Vietnam or the Philippines, can remotely train and support the blind anywhere in the world to use NVDA.
Please try out eyRead today at www.ey-read.com.
- NVDA 2018.1.1 Released to handle OneCore Speech changes in Win10
- NVDA 2018.1 Now Available for Download
- NV Access announces availability of NVDA 2017.4
- Seeking QA Engineer to join NV Access
- NVDA 2017.4 drops support for Older Operating systems
- NVDA 2017.3 Now Available for Download