Seeking QA Engineer to join NV Access
Use your software development and testing skills to empower blind and vision-impaired people globally through technology. Work from home, anywhere in Australia
- Opportunity to gain experience through diverse aspects of a software development organisation.
- Open source development – global, life-changing impact
- Flexible working conditions – work from home
NV Access is a global non-profit organisation, based in Australia, dedicated to the ideal that access to technology should not incur an extra cost for blind and vision impaired users. The purpose of NV Access is to lower the economic and social barriers associated with accessing Information Technology for people who are blind or vision impaired. NV Access develops the free, open source NVDA screen reading software for Microsoft Windows, enabling more than 70,000 blind and vision-impaired people across the globe to access computers.
We are now looking to appoint a software tester to join our small team. Your work will focus on supporting development of our core product through testing, triage and development of automated tests for the NVDA screen reader. The accountabilities of this role include the following and more:
- Quality assurance for NVDA, including triage, testing, debugging, and determining the cause of bugs either within NVDA or 3rd party software.
- Writing of both end user and technical documentation
- Interaction with and provision of assistance to the NVDA development community
- Working with other software projects to improve accessibility, including filing bug reports or requesting required features
- Contribution to and interaction with accessibility communities
- Occasional provision of technical support to end users
- Assisting with research and development of future projects
Your key attributes will be:
Highly desirable attributes are:
- Experience in accessibility development
- An understanding of object oriented programming and design
- Python development experience
- C++ development experience
- Windows technical knowledge
- A university degree in information technology (or similar)
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience developing automated tests
To apply for this position, you must be allowed to work in Australia and be prepared to work full time from home.
This role is a 12 month contract. However, a permanent position is negotiable.
Salary range is AU$70,000 to $80,000 + super + salary packaging benefits.
To apply or if you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Apply for this job via Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/34835282
All applications must include a cover letter and a resume.
- NVDA 2018.2.1 Available for Download
- NVDACon online conference, June 1 - 3 2018
- NVDA 2018.1.1 Released to handle OneCore Speech changes in Win10
- NVDA 2018.1 Now Available for Download
- NV Access announces availability of NVDA 2017.4
- NVDA 2017.4 drops support for Older Operating systems