NV Access Recognised as Outstanding Disability Organisation as part of Queensland’s Disability
NV Access is very proud to announce that it has received the award for Outstanding Disability Organisation, as a part of Queensland’s Disability Action Week. The award was presented to Michael Curran and james Teh by The Honourable Curtis Pitt, Ministor for Disability Services at an action week dinner held in Cairns on Thursday night.
This award recognises our dedication to the ideal that access to technology should not incur an extra cost for blind and vision impaired computer users, through development of the freely available NVDA screen reading software. We are very honoured to receive such recognition from a key Australian Government organisation and are pleased that our work is helping blind and vision impaired Queenslanders in their daily lives. Minister Pitt said, “This award is well-earned recognition of NV Access’ positive contribution to people’s lives.”
Disability Action Week is held each year in Queensland to celebrate the achievements and contributions of people with a disability. This year, as part of Action Week, a disability conference was held at the Cairns Convention Centre, at which the awards were presented.
- NVDA 2017.1 Released
- NVDA 2016.4 Now Available
- Get the most out of Microsoft Word and NVDA by purchasing the latest EBook in our set of official NVDA training materials
- Help us shape the future brand of NV Access by filling in a short survey and give us your opinion
- Announcing NVDA 2016.3 Release
- NVDA 2016.2.1 Update now available