Beta2 of NVDA 2023.1 is now available for download and testing. For anyone who is interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has to offer before it is officially released, we welcome you to download the beta and provide feedback.
A new option has been added, “Paragraph Style” in “Document Navigation”. This can be used with text editors that do not support paragraph navigation natively, such as Notepad and Notepad++.
There is a new global command to report the destination of a link, mapped to
Support for annotated web content (such as comments and footnotes) has improved.
NVDA+d to cycle through summaries when annotations are reported (e.g. “has comment, has footnote”).
Tivomatic Caiku Albatross 46/80 braille displays are now supported.
Support for ARM64 and AMD64 versions of Windows has improved. There are many bug fixes, notably Windows 11 fixes.
eSpeak, LibLouis, Sonic rate boost and Unicode CLDR has been updated. There are new Georgian, Swahili (Kenya) and Chichewa (Malawi) braille tables.
Changes introduced in Beta 2:
- Updates to translations
- Update to eSpeak, fixing a bug with Italian speech.
- Fixed bug with the new global command to report the destination of a link.
- This release breaks compatibility with add-ons made for NVDA 2022.4 and earlier.
- Download NVDA 2023.1beta2
- What’s new in this release of NVDA
- Please report any issues on GitHub.