Beta2 of NVDA 2022.1 is now available for download and testing. For anyone who is interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has to offer before it is officially released, we welcome you to download the beta and provide feedback.
Changes from Beta 1:
- Layout column numbers are no longer reported when using UI Automation with Word, as this causes some versions of Word to crash.
This release includes major improvements to UIA support with MS Office. For Microsoft Office 16.0.15000 and higher on Windows 11, NVDA will use UI Automation to access Microsoft Word documents by default. This provides a significant performance improvement over the old Object model access.
There are improvements to braille display drivers including Seika Notetaker, Papenmeier and HID Braille. There are also various Windows 11 bug fixes, for apps such as Calculator, Console, Terminal, Mail and Emoji Panel.
eSpeak-NG and LibLouis have been updated, adding new Japanese, German and Catalan tables.
- This release breaks compatibility with existing add-ons.
- Download NVDA 2021.1beta2
- What’s new in this release of NVDA
- Please report any issues on GitHub.