Beta2 of NVDA 2021.3 is now available for download and testing. For anyone who is interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has to offer before it is officially released, we welcome you to download the beta and provide feedback.
Changes from Beta 1:
- Restored compatibility for Add-ons using isInMessageBox
- Adjust user guide, replace ‘marked text’ with ‘highlighted text’
- Braille displays now update when typing text if using MS Word with UIA
- Updates to translations.
This release introduces support for the new HID Braille specification. This specification aims to standardize support for Braille Displays without needing individual drivers. There are updates to eSpeak-NG and LibLouis, including new Russian and Tshivenda tables. Error sounds can be enabled in stable builds of NVDA via a new advanced settings option. Say all in Word now scrolls the view to keep the current position visible. There are lots of improvements when using Office with UIA. One UIA fix is that Outlook now ignores more types of layout tables in messages.
Due to an update to our security certificate, a small number of users get an error when NVDA 2021.2 checks for updates. NVDA now asks Windows to update security certificates, which will prevent this error in future. Affected users will need to download this update manually.
- Download NVDA 2021.3beta2
- What’s new in this release of NVDA
- Please report any issues on GitHub.