By Michael Curran, NV access Founder
We’re thrilled to welcome Dr. Gerald Hartig as the new Chief Technology Officer at NV Access. With over a decade of expertise in software engineering and product management, Gerald brings not just technical proficiency but also a unique personal perspective to our team. His dedication to accessibility is fueled by his experiences as a parent of children with special needs, aligning perfectly with our mission.
Gerald’s responsibilities at NV Access include:
- Defining product strategy and roadmaps for NVDA and related services.
- Engaging with our user and open source developer communities to understand their needs and coordinate contributions.
- Prioritizing issues and projects to streamline development and ensure maximum impact for all users.
- Implementing innovative solutions to enhance NVDA’s global reach and effectiveness.
- Overseeing technical infrastructure to ensure stability and security.
After 17 incredible years of working full-time on NVDA, I am excited to begin to transition these responsibilities to our new Chief Technology Officer. This change will enable me to dedicate my time to technical consulting for NV Access and its partners, but importantly also allows me a much-needed break to spend time with my family and contemplate new directions in life. Rest assured, my commitment and belief in NVDA stays as strong as ever, and I will continue to support its journey in every way I can. I am confident that under Gerald’s product leadership, NVDA will continue to grow and break new ground in accessibility technology.
Please join me in welcoming Gerald into our community, and I very much look forward to watching the next chapter for NVDA and NV Access unfold.