NV Access will soon be releasing NVDA 2019.1.1 which addresses several major issues found in 2019.1.
This point release fixes the following bugs:
- NVDA no longer causes Excel 2007 to crash or refuses to report if a cell has a formular. (#9431)
- Google Chrome no longer crashes when interacting with certain listboxes. (#9364)
- An issue has been fixed which prevented copying a users configuration to the system configuration profile. (#9448)
Release Candidate 1 of NVDA 2019.1.1 is available for download and testing right now, and we welcome feedback over the next few days before we make the official 2019.1.1 release.
Specifically, we want to hear about our support for Microsoft Excel. NVDA 2019.1 made dramatic performance improvements, however it broke support for Excel 2007. We would specifically like to hear from those using Excel 2007 to find out if NVDA 2019.1.1rc1 is in deed again working with this version of Excel. Our own testing confirms this, but wider testing on various Windows versions is always very useful. Similarly, if you use newer versions of Excel including 2010, 2013 or 2016/365: Does the Excel support still function as it did in NVDA 2019.1? Please let us know straight away if you experience a difference between 2019.1 and this RC.
Please report any differences in Excel support in 2019.1.1rc1 compared to 2019.1 on PR #9456 on Github.
- Download NVDA 2019.1.1rc1
- What’s new in this release of NVDA
- Please report any issues on GitHub.